What is the best genome company?
1. Illumina. Illumina is the industry leader in using short-read sequencing technology, which breaks DNA into short segments to aid in analysis for genetic research, testing, and medical treatment. With an installed base of more than 17,000 sequencing systems, Illumina holds more than 90% of the global market.
How much does it cost to get your entire genome sequenced?
Based on the data collected from NHGRI-funded genome-sequencing groups, the cost to generate a high-quality ‘draft’ whole human genome sequence in mid-2015 was just above $4,000; by late in 2015, that figure had fallen below $1,500. The cost to generate a whole-exome sequence was generally below $1,000.
Which country has the best genome sequencing?
The rate of the number of SARS-CoV-2 genomic sequences per reported COVID-19 case varied widely among countries. Iceland sequenced the highest proportion of reported cases (up to 30% of all cases).
Who makes the best gene sequencer?
Top 10 Gene Sequencing Companies by Revenue
- #1. Illumina. Headquartered in San Diego, Illumina reported revenues of $3.333 billion in 2018. …
- #2. Thermo Fisher Scientific. …
- #3. BGI Genomics. …
- #4. Agilent Technologies. …
- #5. 10X Genomics. …
- #6. QIAGEN. …
- #7. GENEWIZ (Brooks Automation). …
- #8. MACROGEN.
What is the best genomic stock to buy?
Best Genomics Stocks to Buy Now
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALNY)
- Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:SRPT)
- CRISPR Therapeutics AG (NASDAQ:CRSP)
- Exact Sciences Corporation (NASDAQ:EXAS)
- Agilent Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:A)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:BIO)
Who are Illumina’s competitors?
Illumina’s top competitors include Affymetrix, Qiagen, Luminex, BGI Genomics, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Bruker and Natera. Illumina is a company that develops, manufactures, and markets sequencing- and array-based integrated systems for genetic and genomic analysis.
What can whole genome sequencing reveal?
Whole-genome sequencing can detect single nucleotide variants, insertions/deletions, copy number changes, and large structural variants. Due to recent technological innovations, the latest genome sequencers can perform whole-genome sequencing more efficiently than ever.
Is Illumina a good investment?
Illumina is a profitable company with a leadership position in a large and growing market. In fact, the genomics market is in the very early stages of what can only be described as a “Genomic Revolution.” If you’re looking to buy Illumina, this could be as good an entry point as any.