What does a chromosome consist of quizlet?
Chromosomes are rod-shaped structures in a eukaryotic cell’s nucleus made of DNA and proteins. Chromosome consists of two identical halves. Each half of the chromosome is called a chromatid. The less tightly coiled DNA-protein complex.
What are the basic parts of a chromosome quizlet?
Terms in this set (5)
- Chromosomes. Pieces of DNA that carry the genetic instructions, or genes, and protein, of an organism.
- Chromatids. One of two identical “sister” parts of a chromosome; same genetic information as the other.
- Centromeres. …
- Spindle Fibers. …
Where is the centromere found quizlet?
the point on a chromosome by which it is attached to a spindle fiber during cell division.
What are the main components of the chromosome?
The major chemical components of the chromosome are DNA, RNA (nucleic acids), and proteins (histones and nonhistones).
What are the 6 parts of chromosomes?
6 Main Parts of a Chromosome
- Part # 1. Pellicle and Matrix:
- Part # 2. Chromatids, Chromonema and Chromomeres:
- Part # 3. Centromeres (= Primary constriction):
- Part # 4. Secondary Constriction:
- Part # 5. Satellite:
- Part # 6. Telomere:
What are the 4 types of chromosomes?
There are four main types of chromosomes: metacentric, submetacentric, acrocentric, and telocentric.