Are you autistic If you stim?
Stimming is part of the diagnostic criteria for autism. That’s not because stimming is always related to autism. It’s because stimming in people with autism can get out of control and cause problems. Stimming isn’t necessarily a bad thing that needs to be stifled.
What are the signs for autism?
Other autism symptoms and signs
- Abnormal Body Posturing or Facial Expressions.
- Abnormal Tone of Voice.
- Avoidance of Eye Contact or Poor Eye Contact.
- Behavioral Disturbances.
- Deficits in Language Comprehension.
- Delay in Learning to Speak.
- Flat or Monotonous Speech.
- Inappropriate Social Interaction.